Monday, March 28, 2011

Just a little note to myself on the flight back from Louisville

Mar 20, 2011

High above the earth, the land below appears more flat, shads of green and shadows, more ambiguous. The closer I get to the ground, the more I could see the contours of the rolling hills. The shadows became trees with defined features, the flat surface took shape, and the ambiguity became life.

Guatemala is like that flat surface for me. I'm close enough to know it's beautiful, just below the clouds so as not to block the view. But the different shades and shadows are just questions, to which I can only hypothesize the shape and meaning they will reveal. The closer I get, the more I'll know how those shapes might define me. But until I get there, it's all just a beautiful mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment